Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DISNEY WORLD!!!

As many times as I told myself I was crazy for being at Disney with a newborn... I also had to sit back & relax and enjoy the exciting experience with Caleb. It was definitely challenging with a 6-week-old in tow, but Coleman is such a good baby that it made things relatively easy. Just as background, my dad had a sales conference in Orlando & invited us to join them. He had a big suite in the hotel that joined both our room & theirs, so it was nice to have "common" play/lounge area, along with a bottle washing station! ;)
Overall the boys did great! Coleman was a saint... pretty much slept the whole time either in the baby bjorn on me, or in the stroller. Caleb did well considering the amount of walking we did. He was definitely exhausted, but took advantage of stroller rides when he could. He was definitely a little young to grasp the full concept of what we were doing, so I'm excited to take him back in a few years when he really can appreciate & remember it!
Our park visits...

Day 1 - MAGIC KINGDOM - Caleb absolutely loved seeing Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Jessie, etc. from Toy Story. We also watched a street show with all the Disney characters as well as a Disney parade. We tried to hit up all of the "major" rides and things to see & ended up staying there all day. The funny thing is it hasn't changed much since I was a kid!












Day 2 - SEA WORLD - Always one of my favorites as a kid, we enjoyed checking out the shows, aquarium & all the other "sea-life" exhibits. Caleb actually really enjoyed Shamoo... which I was surprised about. That day was shorter so we could get Caleb back for a nap.
Day 3 - ANIMAL KINGDOM - A definite favorite! We saw a Lion King show, Finding Nemo show & took Caleb to his first 3D/4D experience (A Bug's Life)... which he DID NOT enjoy one bit... he spent the whole show on John's lap with his face burried in John's chest. Haha! We finnished up the day with an awesome safari trip through the African wilderness & saw some awesome animals! It was a great day.












We headed home the next day... about a 7 hour drive. Oh, and I forgot to mention another exciting part... our new vehicle! We are the proud owners of a minivan - haha! But, in my opinion, it's pretty amazing & is definitely smarter than I am - technology these days is amazing! The van definitely made the trip with our family of 4 much more comfortable!

No comments: