Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sweet Baby Coleman - 6 month update

My sweet, sweet baby is 6 months old! I have to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the "baby" stage, so I am more and more excited every day at how much he is growing & learning. Here's the "technical" stuff:


~Weight = 19lbs 6oz (75 - 90%)

~Height = 26 3/4" (75%)

*The funny thing is at Caleb's 6 month check up he was 19lbs 7oz... how crazy is that, that they are off by just 1 oz!?! I didn't dig out his height, but I know it's close b/c it was in the 75% too!

Coleman is really such a great baby... I can't complain! He's been sitting up for almost a month now, which he loves! He still loves is jumperoo's & goes to town on them... Caleb never was a jumper, but he definitely is! We also just got Caleb's walker down from the attic, because it seems like Coleman is just ready to move (just like his big brother). It took him a day - maybe 2 - to figure out how to walk around in it & now, he's already all over the place!

As far as food goes, he's a great eater so far... loves all his cereal, fruits & veggies.

Still no teeth, but he's chewing, drooling, and pooping like a maniac! I actually feel his top teeth at the surface, but who knows what will actually cut through first. I just want something to happen to give him some relief!

He's a great sleeper... we cut out his 3rd nap & that really helped make his morning nap a lot longer. So now he sleeps about 1.5 hrs in the morning & 2 hrs in the afternoon. Then he goes to bed about 8:00 and wakes around 7am. He was a champ sleeper at night, but the teething thing messed that all up. The biggest problem being... he's a tummy sleeper...his teeth wake him up & he rolls to his back. Sometimes he'll just sleep on his back, but usually he wakes up at some point & cries for us to roll him back to his belly so he can continue sleeping. Can't say I blame him... but come on! I'm so ready for this phase to pass! He actually just started rolling over from back to belly, but still doens't quite remember that in the middle of the night!!! - Boo!

My favorite thing about this little guy - his SMILE! He is the happiest little thing & everytime we get him out of bed, he just smiles...and everytime he sees me, John or Caleb - he instantly smiles. It's SO cute & I just hope that he's always a happy kid!!!

No comments: